The ASVT is a non-profit corporation serving the needs of Vermont's Autism community.
Our membership is comprised of individuals with ASD, their families, friends and service providers.
University of Vermont College of Nursing and
Health Sciences Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders
17th Annual Summer Autism Institute
June 23-27, 2014
at the Doubletree by Hilton in Burlington, Vermont
The Summer Autism Institute is a one-week intensive conference featuring international, national, and regional experts in autism spectrum disorders (ASD). The institute is open to community teams and the families they serve in Vermont and to interdisciplinary teams across the New England area, nationwide and abroad.
Featured presentations will include:
- Outcomes research on preschool programming emphasizing the role of peers and inclusive educational practices for children with ASD
- Theory of Mind (ToM) and its relationship to social communication challenges
- Strategies to provide quality services for children with ASD using limited resources
- Practices in early screening and detection using emerging technologies
- What it's like to live with autism
Please visit our website for more information.
The mission of the Autism Society of Vermont is to provide information and support to Vermonters with Autism Spectrum Disorder, their families, service providers and other interested citizens, and to advocate for the right of each person with Autism and their families to a fulfilling life within the community. - Adopted April, 2000